Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tomorrow I RUN!!!

I am so ready to put my head on my pillow, so that I can drift off to dreamland!  Sweet rest before my early morning run.  It has been a week since my last run. That is entirely TOO long! My legs seem to be looking forward to this run as well. I love the route we take on our 3 mile loop.  If I'm feeling strong and our time is good, I may push it to 4 miles tomorrow. It will probably be icy cold in the morning, but I don't even care. I have come to love and appreciate running. I'm not fast, I'm not trying to win any races. I just want to get out there, breathe in the air and move my body. I love the high that I get following a run. It is like no other feeling I've felt before.

I'll be honest. I'm NOT looking forward to my 1/2 mile run on Thursday. I REALLY hate pushing it on my runs. I've trained myself to enjoy running and thus I want to run at a pace where I can breathe and talk easily. Doing my assessment 1/2 mile is a PUSH, it's very uncomfortable and I usually head into an asthma attack (due to running fast in the REALLY cold morning air). Rachel, my trainer, has been having us sprint more in class recently. I'm finding that I like the powerful feeling I get when I push my sprint... granted, we are INSIDE for these sprints I am speaking of... the 1/2 mile is outside in the elements.

I'm ready for warm weather to return. I'm looking forward to running with less clothes on. I'm especially looking forward to running at the beach again this summer. I am so thankful that I have finally discovered the love behind running. It is truly wonderful!  NOW, when my alarm goes off at 4:40, I pray I remember these sentiments!

Good Night, folks! Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment