Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Beautiful Moment

I got up this morning, dressed and headed out the door to meet Kim for our run. 3 miles were on tap. It was warm, but I didn't care, I was going to log those 3 miles... for Boston, for ME! I wasn't going to give up for anything.

When we finished our 3 miles, we walked to cool down and then stretched. When we parted ways, dawn was breaking and I knew I was going to get a reward on my way home. I got in my car and headed for the interstate.

The moment I turned onto the interstate, the most beautiful sunrise greeted me. The sky was blue and there were clouds here and there, but the most beautiful orange and pink sunrise was bursting forth from the sky. It was a beautiful sight to behold, a beautiful moment in time. It was my moment, my sunrise, my reward for a job well done. I'm so thankful for the beauty God has created.

I came home, got the kids off to school, did my 60 squats for the squat challenge and then took another child to school. Then I promptly fell asleep on my mom's sofa. Another nice reward after that early run. A good 20 minute power nap, while my daughter played with her tupperware cooking set on the floor beside me.

I realize I'm generally a happier person if I get up early and get moving immediately. I think my kids appreciate it when mom works out before waking them up. I appreciate everything a little more after a good morning run. Sometimes, I wonder why I don't run more often.

Tonight we took the kids for a froyo treat at Sweet Frog. We saw some of our friends while we were there. When we got home, I realized I had time to make it to ZUMBA at the gym. Matt put the kids to bed and I left for the gym.

After an amazingly fun Zumba class, I am finally home. I'm exhausted and I think we did about 150 squats in class. My thighs hate me tonight... which makes me love them. They put in some tough work today! I'm so grateful for my legs. I hope I never take them for granted. They may not look the way I want them to look, but they are there, they work and they are incredible.

Now, I'm headed for the shower and then to the comfort of my bed, where I will cozy up to my husband and I will give thanks to God for the blessings in my life, for the sunrise, for my running partner, for my spouse and for my working legs.

Today I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Zumba! It has been my exercise of choice since the treehouse has closed. :)

    ReplyDelete