Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back in the Game!

I am very much back in the game and on my journey. I can see that 199, I can taste it. Now I want to FEEL IT! I want to know what it feels like not to have a 2 as the first number in my weight. This will be the first time as an adult that I've seen that number.

I know I still have a ways to go, but I also know what it takes to get there. Determination is first and foremost. Eating right and journaling is 2nd! Exercise is tied with eating for 2nd place! This week I am taking time to celebrate. Yesterday we celebrated my husband's birthday. We enjoyed subs from Firehouse. I got the Engineer without the cheese, I just did not need the extra calories on my sandwich and the sandwich was just as good without it. I never get mayo on my sandwich. Thankfully, I lost my taste for mayo while pregnant with Cait and it never really came back. I tasted a cupcake, but did not eat the whole thing, even though it was a mini-cupcake. I picked up frozen yogurt rather than ice cream. 110 cal for 1/2 cup of Mint Cookies FroYo!  -- I celebrate the GOOD choices I made!

I'm celebrating the fact that I have been journaling since Monday, all of my food and exercise. I forgot how fun it is to see what I eat, how I eat and how to improve upon it! I also know that this is KEY for me to seeing the scale # go down!

I am celebrating that fact that I have BLOGGED this week, more than once!  GO me!!! :)

I am also celebrating the fact that I have gone to both of my Body Back classes this week AND I ran on Tuesday and Thursday, so far a total of 5 miles. Today was a 5K and it was AMAZING! We did a slow pace and then sprinted our hearts out at the end. We both were glad we got up and did it! We were both tired and grumpy, but the run improved our moods tremendously! I plan to run again tomorrow and on Sunday... hopefully I will get to 9 or 10 miles for the week. Eventually, I plan to be at 20+ miles per week, but I am not there. I am about to begin training for the Army 10 Miler.

In all journeys, there are ups and downs, peaks and valleys. If we don't celebrate even the smallest of successes, we will tend to over exaggerate our mishaps and will begin dwelling on them and filling our heads with negative self talk and doubt. By celebrating the victories, large or small, we are reminding ourselves that we in fact were made to have victories and to rejoice in them and never to take them for granted. We praise God when we celebrate our victories because He makes all things possible. I can't workout without remembering who created my legs to move and my arms to lift... how GENEROUS He was to provide me with such luxuries that not everyone else has. My prayer is that I will never take these seeming simple acts for granted, but rather that I will always be thankful, grateful and use them to further His Kingdom. I'm blessed beyond any words I could possibly write.

I can see that 199, I can taste it... now I want to FEEL IT! I say it again, because I mean it! I also KNOW I CAN do it! With God by my side, I can do anything I set my mind to do. I want to run the Army 10 Miler, and while it scares the pudding out of me, I KNOW that I can do it! I want to be under 200 lbs. I KNOW I can do it. Dedication, commitment, determination and gratitude are the ways I plan to achieve both of these goals.

As always, thank you for coming along on my journey with me! Your encouragement is so beneficial to my success. I will never take you for granted. I'm thankful you are interested in my journey and that you want to see me succeed. You help keep me accountable. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment