Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Planktastic,topia,apoloza,stock --- er PLANK CHALLENGE CLASS

This morning was a Plank challenge workout... Cardio, plank, Cardio, plank, Cardio, plank... you get the idea, right? We did all kinds of planks: up downs, plank jacks, side planks with a twist, planks with a leg lift, planks with a hamstring curl... Then Kathy says to us to look at our inspiration boards and draw inspiration and motivation, because we would be pulling ourself in plank position the length of the gym.

Seriously, this was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It wasn't pretty and it took me a while, but I did it! Just looking at my board with: my family, my race bibs and my picture from November 2010 made me extremely emotional. I've come so far, but with so much left to go. Yesterday I was feeling very fat and ugly and was very hard on myself. Today I feel much better about myself. I know I have a long way to go, but celebrating my successes are what it is all about. The journey never ends, being healthy is a life long aspiration that takes full commitment, much like marriage and parenting. You don't give up because it gets hard or frustrating -- you use that frustration and turn it into motivation to move mountains. I CAN, I WILL! While it seems I am "stuck" right now with my weight, I have other successes to celebrate... those successes deserve recognition. They are not less significant just because they aren't weight loss, they are important in their own right. I have to remind myself that the number on the scale, while important, does not define me. My journey isn't just about losing weight, but about changing my attitude towards working out, eating properly, being healthy and loving myself. It's about counting my blessings and being grateful for the things I CAN DO. It's about challenging myself to do more than I ever thought possible, to be strong, to be a role model for my children, especially my three girls. I'm so very grateful to be on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment