Monday, August 29, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricanes and Fires... OH MY!

It is never a dull moment in Virginia! Vacation was wonderful and we were welcomed home by smokey air, an earthquake and Hurricane Irene! I am keeping on with my running and healthy eating. I am missing Body Back classes, and am ready to get back to it!

Hurricane Irene left our family without power. We are on day 3 of no power, headed into day 4. We have been staying with my sister since Sunday. She and my parents both have power, so we can get hot meals and showers and do laundry!

Today I ran my three miles on my own, in the dark! It was a little bit intimidating, but I did it! 3+ miles and then a 1/4 cool down walk, followed by stretches. I felt good afterward. I'm trying to get up to running a comfortable 4, and I think I'm getting close to being able to do that. Getting up there will allow me to get faster in my 5K! I look forward to being faster, but most all, I just enjoy running. I never believed those words would be a part of my life! HA! Funny how life changes.

I need to post my after pictures from this past Body Back class. The difference is amazing... running is changing the shape of my body. Body Back is sculpting my shoulders and chest and back, and running is sculpting my legs. I'm just amazed at the difference in my definition. I still have a very long ways to go (just around 100 lbs)... but from where I started, I am well pleased with the results.

OK, I must get ready for bed. I am going to attempt to make it to a drop in Body Back class in the morning. I just wanted to check in, so that you know I am STILL on my journey and not giving up, even through the craziness that life throws at us. I'm loving the changes. Lord knows, I already feel so much better!

We are feeling so blessed to only have our power out. Our friends had a tree drop through their sunroom and continue on to crush their SUV in the driveway, beside the sunroom. I cannot imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment