Thursday, September 1, 2011

Four Miles and an Aftershock

This morning, I got up at 4:50 to get ready for my run. I did everything I normally do, and then I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a water and ran out the door. I was a little bit early, but that was OK for me, I didn't mind being early. I got in my car and headed to the meeting spot for the run, to meet with Kim. Apparently, in my running around and getting in the car, we experienced a 3.4 aftershock. Not terrible, but it would have been noticeable, had I not been in my zone, focused on my impending run. The aftershock did not rouse anyone in our house. I didn't even know about it until I got back in my car after the run. I turned on the radio, and they were talking about the aftershock and where everyone was when it happened. I realized then, that it was probably as I was getting into my car to leave the house, and thus, why I didn't notice it. I called my mom to check in. She said she slept through it. I called my sister, and she said, at first it sounded like big rain drops, but then she realized it wasn't raining and it was actually her house rattling. Her alarm had gone off just minutes before her house shook.

These aftershocks are the follow up quakes to the original quake, which was a 5.8/5.9 quake from last week. So far the strongest aftershock has been a 4.5 and that one woke me up. I was pretty sure it was an aftershock, but Matthew said it was a train. Only I never heard a train whistle, so I knew better.These aftershocks can go on for quite some time, so I am told.

I hoped on my Wii this morning before my run. I weighed in and am holding steady at 236 -- that means I've lost 2 lbs. since Body Back ended AND I did not gain anything while on vacation. Hot Diggity! I have 36.5 lbs to lose by New Years. I don't know if it is possible, but I am SURE going to give it my best shot! :)

My run with Kim this morning was a nice easy 14:45 pace. We ran for 4 miles. It was a glorious morning. My knee had been bothering me, but not during my run (thank goodness). So this week, I've done two 3 mile runs and a 4 mile run. I'm pretty pleased with training! Training this week called for two 2 mile runs, a 3 mile run and then a 3.5 mile run. So, at some point, I have another half mile I need to squeeze in, if I don't make it to the 3.5 mile run on Saturday.

My Disney 5K is one month from today. I am very much looking forward to this event and running it with my sorority sister, possibly 2 of them. I think I am ready. Now to maintain and make sure I don't get hurt between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment