Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's DAY itself...

Father's Day, we got up and went to the 9:30 service at church. Then we headed to my mom's house for Cait's nap and to wait for my siblings and dad so that we could go to Kitchen 64 for an early dinner. I put on my size 20 black capris, to find out they are too big now (already... good thing I only paid $7 for them). I put on an Ann Taylor Loft purple fancy t-shirt and some wedge espadrils.

We hung out at mom's and I knew I needed to eat. Mom had made some berry salad, so I had a nice serving of that plus some of her green beans (not a whole serving, just a taste), and then I made myself a salad with swiss cheese, "natural" deli turkey and lettuce with some red wine vinegar dressing and croutons. I knew that would hold me over until dinner, we were eating VERY early (4 p.m.) -- When we got to dinner I had a very difficult time choosing my meal. I wasn't super hungry, so I knew fish tacos would be too much. I wasn't really in the mood for crab cakes and I wasn't sure how they were prepared. I settled on the roasted red pepper and mozzarella plate. Great choice! It was way too much for me to eat by myself, so I shared with Cait and my mom and Matt. I knew the calories would be too small, and that I'd have to eat more later in the evening, but I was OK with that. When our bill came, our little family of six had dinner with leftovers all for (including tip) $35! Awesome!

After we got home that evening, we got on SKYPE with my inlaws. Then my sister showed up. I threw her a pair of socks and trainers and she and I and my nephew went for a walk. We logged in 1.5 miles. It was a great day! I think Matt was pretty pleased with the gift the kids gave him! It wasn't much, but it was definitely well thought out. (A VCU RAMS Tervis Tumbler 24 oz.)

I hope the rest of the week goes as well as the weekend did. Now what's with this rain??? I know we need it, so I'm trying not to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment