Thursday, June 23, 2011

Good Morning!

It's a cloudy morning, but what a glorious day! Had a great workout with my Body Back ladies! Happy to see Rebekah in the mix this morning! :) Shout out to Laura for coming back and for working it out this morning with us! Excited to meet Stephanie this morning. She's a rockstar! I hope to participate in her 5K this weekend in Innsbrook. I don't know that I'll run the whole thing, but I will definitely walk the whole thing, no problem!

My calf and knee are bugging out, so it looks like tomorrow after kickboxing, I'll be keeping it low key and won't attempt an extra cardio tomorrow. I do plan to get in at least a mile this afternoon (walk or run is fine by me... as long as I get that heart rate up!!!) If it rains, then I'll just do something here, maybe a latin dance workout. Saturday, I hope to do the 5K, then Sunday I'll probably focus on crunches, planks and push ups and I'll do a short run with my cousin (AFTER working the Richmond Wedding Expo all day). Monday I will rest so that I'll be at full steam for Tuesday's class. Looking forward to having Angel back in the mix with me! I miss my accountability partner! Hoping Angie and Kathy will be with us on Monday as well.

We set goals today. My goals are very specific this time: Make it to -50 lbs. Lose 1 inch off of my thighs. Run 3 miles without stopping. As for assessment goals, those are: 25 sit-ups in 1 minute, 35 second side plank, 2 minute plank and 7 push ups.

This morning, after class, I started my day off with a big veggie omelet. Here is what I used: 2 egg whites, 1/5 of a red pepper chopped, 1/4 vidalia onion chopped, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup shredded baby spinach. Spray the pan w/ Pam Olive Oil Cooking Spray (or use a "misto" with olive oil), saute mushrooms and onions until the onions become translucent, add in red pepper, add in garlic, add in eggs over medium heat. Allow eggs to set somewhat then top with shredded spinach and parmesan cheese. Fold in half. Make sure eggs have cooked through, and then slide onto a plate. I have a delicious apricot waiting for me, but I'm too full to eat it right now, so it has to wait.

My food plan for today: (I've not yet added it to FitnessPal just yet, so the plan may have to be tweaked to get near my "preferred" calorie intake.)

Breakfast
Omelet & apricot

Snack
Tomato, Pepper Jack melt

Lunch
Turkey wrap, w/ spinach, onion, pepper
Banana berry salad

Snack
100 calorie nuts
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Dinner
1 cup broccoli
salad (spinach, lettuce, onion, pepper, olive oil & vinegar dressing)
Chicken Slider (ground chicken breast w/ ranch dressing mix -- I only use 1/2 the package for 1 pound of chicken-- on a potato whole grain slider roll)

Snack
ONLY if I am still hungry and need additional calories to round out my day -- could be string cheese and crackers, milk and a granola bar, or if I am needing extra protein: Luna Protein Bar. I'll know once I enter everything into My Fitness Pal app!

I hope everyone has a great day! There is so much to be thankful for... today I am thankful for precious friends to work out with! I am thankful for the encouragement and for the laughs we share! I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to use the body God gave me and I hope in my working out that I am blessing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment