Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race...

If "slow and steady wins the race" is true, then I am well on my way to winning my battle of the bulge! At today's weigh in I did not meet my goal of making it to the 250's. Bummer... however, I cannot complain. I lost 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks. 2.25 lbs. per week... that's fantastic! So, I'm sitting at 262.0 down from 269.5 when I started this 8 weeks, down from 288.0 when I began my journey on March 1. That's 26 total pounds in just under 3 months. Again, I cannot complain! I am wearing clothing that I could have never worn 3 months ago. I am running, I am sprinting, I am doing planks and push ups, sit ups, wall sits, lunges, crunches, squats, mountain climbers. So, I didn't hit 259.5 like I so desperately wanted, but it doesn't even matter. I have 3.5 weeks of class left and I CAN get there. I just have to stay focused and committed. 2.5 lbs is doable in the next 3 weeks. I can do this!

Now to start my day with my family. It's the last week of school for my son, my daughter's AR party is this week. I meet with the nutritionist tonight, I meet with the national walk coordinator today and the rest of my week is super busy. Really looking forward to some pampering on Thursday afternoon, it's been a long time coming and I can't wait!

I think there will be afternoon dance parties everyday this week, as I need to add in some extra cardio and I have to lay off running because of my knee (grrr... NOT happy about that). Time to step up my game to the next level. I have a goal to meet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment