Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

It's SO quiet in my house. Everyone is sleeping. I've been up for 2.5 hours and have already done a 3 mile run with Angel and Angela! I truly thought I was going to puke around mile 2.6, but I kept going and I made it through without puking!!! I came home and did a wonderful series of stretches that felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Running 3 miles was my goal for Body Back this 8 weeks. Well, this is week 3 of this session, and I hit my goal! WOW!!! Set a goal and then accomplish it, and see if it doesn't make you feel so strong! I'm so THANKFUL to God for giving me what I need to accomplish these goals!

I was only down 1 lb. yesterday. I am not discouraged. I am in the 240's now. I started in the 280's!!! How could I possibly be discouraged by that awesome news? I'm beyond blessed. I look forward to seeing more drop off as I go! I would really like to be 238 by the end of this session. I do not think that is TOO ambitious, but it will take dedication and devotion. I CAN! I WILL!

We did Cario & Core yesterday... WOW!!! Alex kicked our booties! I loved it! The sweat was just streaming down into my eyes, at one point, I could not even open my eyes. I was SO Super Sweaty that when we did planks, my arms literally slid on the mat causing me not to be able to hold my planks so well. (very frustrating, I might add) And my booty is in shock today, after we did backwards shuffles! What a workout!!!

Stepping up my eating this week. Working on being more diligent in getting my calories in, so that I can maximize my weight loss efforts. Over the weekend, I underestimated my will power and left a lot of wiggle room for parties and events... turns out, I really didn't need the wiggle room... I exercised much will power and resistance to things that were less than healthy offered at the parties, thus by the end of the day, I was no where near my 1470 calorie goals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I truly believe that played a HUGE part in my only losing 1 lb. despite my stepped up cardio efforts! You have to FEED the machine FUEL for it to work efficiently! Really focusing on that and the stepped up cardio this week.

Tomorrow I have Body Back and Friday I have KickBoxing. Not sure what my workouts will be this weekend, but I know I will run again on Monday morning. The more comfortable I get in my three mile run, the better I will perform in my Congenital Heart Walk 3 mile fun run in November!

Stick with me, and if you don't see a post from me in a while, be sure to ask me why I haven't updated! Your support and encouragement is AMAZING and so very helpful! Thanks for being with me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment