Monday, July 11, 2011

I still can't believe it!

I cannot believe that I am running 3 miles... without stopping! REALLY? ME? I'm doing this? If you had told me at Christmas, that by July I'd be running 3 miles, I would have laughed in your face and said, "FAT CHANCE!" Yet, here it is, July, and I'm running 3 miles!

I came to a discovery today. I actually enjoy the long run MORE than the quick 1/2 mile. And YES, I am slow, but I don't care. I love the ladies I run with. They keep me moving, even when my legs say that they no longer want to run, the ladies keep me moving! Angel, Angie, Kim and Stefanie ran with me today. It was a great group and we shaved time off of our run from last week (which is always exciting for me)!!! I know in time, I will get faster, but for now, I'm just concentrating on making those three miles count!

If you are one of those people that say they can't run, I get it. I was there, too! I never thought I could run. I didn't believe Angel when she said that I'd be running one day. She's athletic, of course she can run. I've been a couch potato nearly my entire life, there was no way I could run or would have the desire to run. Alas, Angel KNEW what she was talking about. Running is addictive. I think it must be the endorphins you get after running three miles. It makes you feel amazing. You think, "WOW! I just did that, and I'm not having a heart attack and I didn't die and my legs still work."

I have to thank my Creator for making such amazing bodies! Legs that can run. Lungs that can breathe. Sweat glands to keep us cool. How wonderfully we were made. Let us never take it for granted for one second. Running is a blessing, not a curse! I am blessed to be able to get out there and use the body He gave me! Thank you God for good friends to run with, beautiful sunshine and a healthy working body. Let me never neglect the blessings you have given me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment