Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Holiday Weekend!

I hope everyone has been having a fantastic weekend and are enjoying all the fun that a holiday weekend brings.
Friday was my 11 year wedding anniversary. I woke up and went to kickboxing and ate "light" all day, in anticipation of dinner out, my nieces birthday and then the movies with my sweetheart. As it turns out, I totally overestimated and did not end up eating all of my calories, thus causing a horrible headache.

Saturday, I spent the morning with my mom and the children. I worked on push ups and sit ups. The kids joined in. The afternoon brought a fun family cookout in Goochland. We had such a wonderful time. It was easy to make good choices while at the cookout. I split my chicken breast between my sister, my youngest and myself. I made sure to bring a caprese salad, so that I'd have something healthy to choose. It was HUGE hit. When I went to get a helping, there was hardly any left. Again on Saturday, I did not eat all of my calories. I had hoped to go for a run on Saturday, but we ended up not getting home until very late, and there was some activity going on in my neighborhood (drunk driver, possibly) -- so I opted to stay in and go early Sunday morning.

As it was, I woke up to a thunderstorm, and then Matt had to play guitar at church, so he had to leave by 7:30. No Run! I spent Sunday afternoon at my parents' house. I worked on sit ups and push ups again (this time doing as many as I can in one minute). I hope to head out for a run this evening once the kids are down. I know I'm heading out for a run at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow with some of the girls. :) I'm looking forward to it, even though I know I'll be the dog's tail, following behind, bringing up the rear. I hope I do alright!

Looking forward to fireworks tomorrow night, over the Diamond with all the kids. I'd say, all in all, it's been a fantastic holiday weekend. The most exciting part of the weekend for me was Friday when I went to find a dress for Friday night's date with my husband. I ended up buying 2 dresses. BOTH dresses were purchased from the MISSES section and NOT the "BIG GIRLS" section! I consider this a milestone! :) NOW, if weigh in on Tuesday puts me at -40 lbs. that will just be the "icing on the cake" and it will taste better than any icing on any cake! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment