Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life Happens

Today was one of those "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of days. My sister and nephew decided to camp over at our house last night. My middle daughter spent the night with Gammy & PopPop. I stayed up too late talking with my sister and my husband. I got up and went running this morning with Angel and Michelle. We got in our three miles and I headed straight home. I pulled in the driveway and my phone started ringing. It was mom, she said Mia was asking to go home. I backed out of the drive and headed over to their house to get Mia.

When we got home, everyone was still sleeping. That didn't last long. Soon enough, everyone was awake. I knew I didn't want to be in the house all day, so I had the brilliant idea to go to the movies. We got ready in record time and headed to the theater. Cait was really not thrilled with our plan, but once I got popcorn, she was content.

Following the movies, we returned home and fed everyone. Then we let the kids play while we cleaned my room and then she (sister) took a nap while I read a book. Before we knew it, it was nearly 5 pm and Maegan was standing in the kitchen screaming that her ear was in pain. I realized at this point, I'd forgotten to eat my snack as well as I had omitted 2 items from breakfast unintentionally in my haste to get to the movies earlier. But, I know better than to ignore ear pain. So I called the doctor and piled everyone in the car. I had Matt meet us at the Dr. since my sister had to get my nephew to baseball and couldn't ride with us.

Once Matt arrived, he stayed with the littles while I took Maegs in for her visit. The good news is... NO EAR INFECTION!!! The child just had insane amounts of wax in her ear. They pulled out the wax and then we went on our merry way. We didn't get home until nearly 7 pm and I had to figure out something for dinner. The kids got turkey, peaches, carrots and pretzels (which apparently they don't like these organic 7 grain pretzels I found). I fed Matt leftover pizza, and then I fixed myself a bagel with turkey, cream cheese (lite), spinach, tomato and onion as well as a side of tomatoes, fresh mozz and basil drizzled with a little Italian dressing (High Fructose Corn Syrup FREE).

I was supposed to head out to a Mother Runners social, but I was exhausted by this point and it was already 7:20, it started at 7:30 and I live 20 minutes away. So, instead, I'm preparing my clothes for class tomorrow, putting my kids to bed and then curling up in bed with my new book. Body Back at 6 a.m. tomorrow! I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment